Dear Pen Bay Christian School Family,
Mr. Wallace and I are reading in II Samuel in our nightly devotions. We have chosen to read the Bible through in Eugene Peterson’s The Message. We started first by reading through the New Testament and I confess to missing my NIV! Sometimes Peterson’s unique style of paraphrasing in the Old Testament does cause me to think and that really happened this past week! In II Samuel 22:25 he writes, “God rewrote the text of my life, when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.”
I have found myself coming back to this brief, simple, but poetic statement of King David’s faith throughout the week. King David is called, “a man after God’s own heart” yet he profoundly sinned. The apostle Peter betrayed His Lord but was also called by Jesus, “the rock upon whom I will build My church!” It comforts me that following each man’s confession and restoration they were mightily used by God including penning under Divine inspiration the very Word of God! Today at school, I had a solo ride up the elevator and listened to my inner “child” sputter in a pity-party moment. The Holy Spirit called me to task before the door opened as I realized my thoughts were all on self and not on the Lord. As David often did in the Psalms, I had my “woe is me moment” and then turned to my God, my Heavenly Father who has “set my feet on a spacious place” and restores my soul!
I also want to thank the PBA for all they do for our school and its students. We truly appreciate them!!
In Him and for Him,
- There will be no Physical Education on Monday March 14th.
- Preschool Parent/Teacher Conferences will be this coming Thursday, 3/17 and Friday 3/18. There will be no preschool classes held on these days.
- Tuition payments are due Tuesday, March 15th. Please remember to keep your account current.
- Registration time is upon us! Register your elementary students for the upcoming school year and receive a $75.00 discount off the standard registration fee for elementary students. The $150.00 registration must be paid by April 1st to receive this 33% discount.
- We still have spaces available for Kindergarten Screening! Help us spread the word. Stop by or give the office a call at 596-6460 to schedule your appointment today! Remember, referring a family who registers will give you a discount off your first tuition payment of 2016-2017!
- We have moved up to 3rd place for the Maine Recycles Championship with CLYNK! So far we have returned over 1,300 bottles and cans for deposit! Bottle deposits are worth 50% more for the next two months if you use the CLYNK bags found in the school office, stickered with the school name.
- Thank you to all of the families who participated in the Read-A-Thon this February. The winning class is Mrs. Chamberlain’s 4, 5, & 6th grade class with a total of 3540 Minutes read! Way to go students. Your student’s picture will be featured on our website and on Village Soup!
- Hot lunch this week is…
- Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
- Cucumber slices